Ya what???

• 7 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Ya what???
« on: December 21, 2017, 11:29 »
Eh, cant hear a thing :mellow:

I have the attack of the ear wax and its driving me potty!! I have in the words of the nurse very narrow ear canals (years of listening to punk (or the wife)) and it appears every so often I get a build up of wax which is a nightmare, cant hear owt, headache etc etc. Just starting the drops to clear it now so hopefully in a few days time I shall be back to normal.

Nurse don't like using the jet wash now unless the drops etc don't work and they wont do it straight away.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

AlaninCarlisle

Re: Ya what???
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:00 »
A six to nine monthly occurrence with me

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 13:27 »
Try putting a few drops of olive oil or Earex drops in every week or two, to stop them getting that bad.
That's what I do.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 13:31 »
It will probably need softening before the jet stream hits it to do any good. May I kindly suggest you put your head down on one side, apply the drops in the upper ear whilst resting the other ear on a speaker that's set at maximum bass then repeat the process with the other ear. If that doesn't work try blowing your nose whilst pinching the end with your fingers - this will allow a build-up pressure from the link between your nose and ears (a.k.a. the Euston Station tube  :tongue2:) to give it a bit of a shove. If the drops don't do any good try 3-in-1 oil but please use the little attachment tube provided. If that doesn't work try sprinkling some dry Andrew's Liver Salts into said ears then add a few drops of water. If you don't have this medication to hand try a bit of Coca Cola (said to shift anything). If you still can't hear and your headache persists, just down a few tinnies and soon you'll feel much better; however it's best not to start singing as you will be well out of tune! Mods - please note, I am not a doctor and cannot recommend any of these practices unless a GP has been consulted beforehand which I'm sure Aidy will do. Having said that, as he can't hear he will have to get him to write it all down in readable writing!  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 15:19 »
Never ceases to amaze the topics that come up on these pages!!

Have suffered this problem in the past and it feels like wads of cotton wool in your neck.   2-3 drops of ear oil ( nothing from Halfords!!) as mentioned . If you require syringing , you may experience some short term balance issues in addition to being able to hear everything much louder.

I once used cotton buds in an attempt to clear, only to be told that the plug had a nice curved indentation, doctor's way of saying don't do that again!!

Good luck with it
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 15:27 »
Its a Plotfather problem too.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 10:56 »
woke up this morning and me ears have now got the trots!!! ???

looks like the drops are doing the biz

Paul Plots

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 16:52 »
Here's hoping the world is taking on a clearer tone for you Aidy.

It's flippin' miserable when you can't hear what's going on around you and you want to know.
Had the same on and off for 60+ years.....although sometimes it's useful (but rarely).

I once had a private health appointment to try to get it sorted (had to do something quick as I couldn't work it was so bad!!). These days all under control - no more head-aches or feeling as if I have a brick stuck in and around each ear. Isolating and very tiring.

I use "Flixi-nase" (or the nearest I can get to it over the chemists counter - Becanase isn't bad but not as good). It's a nasal spray - mostly used for hay fever (which I've never had). Stops the sinuses blocking, prevents me getting "glue-ear" and stops the outer ear channel blocking. Once in a while I use Erax which is supposed to dissolve ear-wax. It can help.

My GP told me never to do this but... He took a paper-clip, unbent it, sterilised the end and gently shoved it into my ear - worked wonders!! I would never do this even with a long match-stick or if I did I would never tell anyone of course.

Here's wishing you all the joys of crinkly-crunchy-crackling Christmas wrapping paper :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 47 queries.