Victorian potato planters

• 3 Replies

Auntie Sandie

« on: May 30, 2008, 15:59 »
Its me again - getting there slowly.

Has anyone had any experience of the Victorian Potato Planters (for patios) that you can buy?

I have some spuds in the ground, some in big green bag planters but wondered if a couple of those would look nice/work on the patio for next year?

despite having a bus pass, I am quite new to all this, and the help given so far has been fantastic.

Last year I managed to grow purple and white carrots for our Viking Living History - this year I don't seem to be doing quite as well, but I'll get there.  Occasionally the girls even allow me to keep some to eat for myself!

Many thanks in advance
Sandie - loving living in Bervie.  Suffer many pink fluffy moments, Viking re-enactor and new to the grenhouse and garden

gobs

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 21:14 »
What are them Sandie? I suppose a potato barrel of design, as planters I understand to be a tool for planting, anyhow I have no experience of them, that's mostly due to refusing to buy one for the money and doubting it's usefulness.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

Auntie Sandie

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 09:50 »
Quote from: "gobs"
What are them Sandie? I suppose a potato barrel of design, as planters I understand to be a tool for planting, anyhow I have no experience of them, that's mostly due to refusing to buy one for the money and doubting it's usefulness.

I saw them in a magazine and have once again used the wrong term, its a potato barrell.  You actually put the spuds into them and you can remove a panel at the bottom to get to the crop.  

If you put Victorian potato barrel into Google there are lots of links - not sure if putting links in here is allowed and don't want to upset anyone by doing the wrong thing.

I'm thinking in advance as I would ask for them as Christmas pressies from the family   I hope that explains it a little better.

compostqueen

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 00:35 »
I bet they're fine  :D   Any large container will do though  :D

xx
Ideas for potato planters

Started by ches on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 05, 2019, 07:55
by ches
xx
Thoughts on potato planters

Started by AndrewV on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 30, 2011, 08:58
by AndrewV
xx
Victorian Climbing Pea

Started by devon on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post March 14, 2013, 20:09
by HuwG
xx
victorian kitchen garden

Started by bridgeford on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post March 23, 2007, 11:33
by hermon

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 38 queries.