Polytunnel protection

• 3 Replies

Gleavo

• Experienced Member
Polytunnel protection
« on: September 25, 2016, 20:13 »
Hi I'm going to take the plunge next year and get a 2x3m polytunnel on the plot. Where we are (Wallasey on the  Wirral) can get a bit blowy but there a a few plots that have them and they seem to do ok.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips that I could take on board when I'm installing it? I've planned to put it in the most sheltered part of my plot and will anchor the frame down and shore earth around the membrane skirt. I'm just wondering if there are any more ideas I could use? Thanks G

m1ckz

Re: Polytunnel protection
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 21:42 »
ive had mine 3rd year now   i sank 6 by 6in beamsso the top is ground level drilles an screwed the bottom rail to the wood   it will never move lol

snow white

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:51 »
I used an anchor kit to anchor it, then drove wooden stakes a foot into the ground at each corner and cable tied the frame to it, then when I installed the shelves I drove the poles of them into the ground.  Just in case of movement I also put a wooden door frame in 2 foot into the ground.  It has survived very windy days for four years now.  I do have the shed on one side,  the compost bin on the other side and a wind break at the back as well (you can't be too cautious).   :lol:  Oh I almost forgot, I put that blue water pipe around the arches and cable tied them to the frame to help support it.    :D

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 12:09 »
Have a look at this site then click on polytunnel on youtube,,,,,,www.love2learnallotmenting.co.uk,,,,
Colin

xx
wind protection

Started by Flump on Design and Construction

7 Replies
Last post June 16, 2012, 18:50
by kopjules
xx
Shed protection/paint.

Started by MoreWhisky on Design and Construction

10 Replies
Last post January 12, 2013, 20:28
by Swing Swang
xx
Strawberry protection cage

Started by shokkyy on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post April 25, 2012, 14:57
by grinling
xx
fence post protection

Started by dmg on Design and Construction

8 Replies
Last post January 03, 2013, 11:58
by bobr1960

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 38 queries.