It's Here!!

• 8 Replies

jaydig

It's Here!!
« on: March 24, 2017, 16:07 »
It's arrived!  My new ice cream machine, made by Gaggia.  It came yesterday, and I can't wait to try it, but after a morning on the plot planting potatoes I don't have the energy right now.  Tomorrow the two grandsons are coming for lunch, so I thought we'd christen the machine by making the after lunch dessert together.  I'm sure they won't have any problem eating the result.
I've still got my original machine, but it's one of those that needs to have the bowl frozen in the freezer before using, and although it produces excellent ice cream, I don't often have space in the freezer to accommodate the bowl.
I'll have to get out my Ben and Gerry's ice cream book now, but after the boys have had their treat tomorrow, my hubby has already put in a request for rum and raisin.

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
Re: It's Here!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 00:57 »
My family's favourite is 600g thick plain yoghurt, 250g cream cheese and 200g honey - mix together and make into ice cream!
ManicMum

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 18:31 »
My family's favourite is 600g thick plain yoghurt, 250g cream cheese and 200g honey - mix together and make into ice cream!

Ooh this sounds amazing! This is definitely my next ice-cream...

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 11:28 »
Thanks, ManicMum,   I'm going shopping tomorrow, so yoghurt has gone on the list, and I'm going to try your family's favourite, it sounds lovely.

I made a very quick ice cream yesterday, just to try out the machine, with milk, cream and vanilla, and it was absolutely lovely.  I couldn't believe how easy it was to make, and the machine froze it to a perfect consistency for immediate use.  My other machine is really good, but the ice cream needs to go into the freezer for a while before it is firm enough to use.  As we had visitors at the time, need I say that not a scrap of this ice cream went into the freezer!

chrissie B

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 18:43 »
Rum qnd rasin for me please , ive got one you need to freeze the bowl but never got room , i have a cream yogurt  recipe its ni e cos its not sickly sweet , hope you have loads of fun , morrisons do i lovley wafer for ice cream sandwiches they are  thicker so dont go soggy and they have a chocolate layer and they are less than a pound.
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 19:29 »
Liking the sound of chocolate coated wafers (not sure I would need ice-cream...)

chrissie B

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 22:04 »
They are very nice and stay crunchy to the end the chocolate is a layer between 2 plane .
chrissie b

DanielCoffey

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 18:31 »
The nice thing about the Gaggia-type ice cream makers is that they can easily handle recipes with alcohol. The freezer-chilled bowls usually give out and thaw before the laced ice cream is done churning but the Gaggia just keeps going.

You may find with rum and raisin that the raisins get a little squashed during churning but it sill still give a lovely smooth ice cream with partly-frozen alcoholic raisins (remember to soak them a couple of hours - I used Black Seal dark rum).

jaydig

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 10:05 »
The nice thing about the Gaggia-type ice cream makers is that they can easily handle recipes with alcohol. The freezer-chilled bowls usually give out and thaw before the laced ice cream is done churning but the Gaggia just keeps going.

You may find with rum and raisin that the raisins get a little squashed during churning but it sill still give a lovely smooth ice cream with partly-frozen alcoholic raisins (remember to soak them a couple of hours - I used Black Seal dark rum).

Thanks for the warning about squashed raisins, perhaps I'll try adding them later in the procedure and see if that works.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 35 queries.