Merry Tiller Super Major; Attachments

• 5 Replies

PIMBO

Merry Tiller Super Major; Attachments
« on: June 22, 2011, 14:45 »
I own a Super Major with the Ridging Attachment. Unfortunately, I cannot make it work and do not have any instructions for setting up and operating. The handbook provided with the Super Major does not include guidance for this attachment.
Can any one help please.
pimborooney

R Tallentire

• Experienced Member
Re: Merry Tiller Super Major; Attachments
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 19:47 »
The ridger/furrower attachment is a very simple device, but does need a toolbar  and clamp(s) to go between the furrower and the hitch casting on the Merry Tiller. These pictures from the brochure show the two different toolbars. The makers also advised the use of 10” solid  or 12” pneumatic wheels and tyres in place of the rotors to pull the machine along. The only adjustment is to the depth it is set and the angle of the wings on the big  furrower.
Standard toolbar & furrower.jpg
Heavy duty toolbar & furrower.jpg
R Tallentire

PIMBO

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 00:51 »
The ridger/furrower attachment is a very simple device, but does need a toolbar  and clamp(s) to go between the furrower and the hitch casting on the Merry Tiller. These pictures from the brochure show the two different toolbars. The makers also advised the use of 10” solid  or 12” pneumatic wheels and tyres in place of the rotors to pull the machine along. The only adjustment is to the depth it is set and the angle of the wings on the big  furrower.

Hello RT
I have all of the fixing gear except the Wheels to replace the rotors. I will have to persue the availability of these.
Many thanks................PIMBO

smud6ie

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15 »

Hello RT
I have all of the fixing gear except the Wheels to replace the rotors. I will have to persue the availability of these.
Many thanks................PIMBO
These usually make between £55 and £85 if they have the extention axles,couple of sets for auction at the moment.
smud6ie

Fen

• Experienced Member
  • Location: Five feet above sea level, between Ely and Cambridge
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 22:29 »
I used one quite successfully by using just two rotors, one each side of the drive. A bit physical to control but with a bit of practice did a good job.

PIMBO

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 18:51 »
Many thanks to all who have replied to my plea for help
PIMBO

xx
Merry Tiller Super Major 5hp

Started by franco on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2021, 22:13
by jezza
xx
Merry Tiller 4hp Major

Started by johnp on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post July 16, 2007, 22:02
by bikerjohn
xx
merry tiller major

Started by lydenburg on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 15:09
by lydenburg
xx
Merry Tiller Major

Started by Paul Anderson on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post June 26, 2020, 17:00
by Paul Anderson

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 36 queries.