Morning all :)

• 222 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Morning all :)
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2018, 18:04 »
Overcast and some rain this morning, so I thought it would be a housework day. All change at lunchtime so I've been clearing all the rubbish from pots on the paving, in bright sunshine  8)
A big disappointment today - the perennial poppies I grew from seed last year and planted in the Autumn, are not Patty's Plum but a bright orange red one  :ohmy: which looks horridly out of place with all the blue and purple alliums in that bed *sulk* I'll have to try again, I suppose..

Growster...

« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2018, 18:30 »
Mrs Growster and I spent a fortune in Hastings, then did our usual pog out with a KFC on The Firehills... It's an annual ritual which ends up with violent indigestion, but so what!

The trip home became a 'memory lane' and we went all over the place to see sights we hadn't been to for ages, and they're only a few miles away!

Great day, and I hope you all had as much fun as we did!

snowdrops

« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2018, 21:32 »
Overcast and some rain this morning, so I thought it would be a housework day. All change at lunchtime so I've been clearing all the rubbish from pots on the paving, in bright sunshine  8)
A big disappointment today - the perennial poppies I grew from seed last year and planted in the Autumn, are not Patty's Plum but a bright orange red one  :ohmy: which looks horridly out of place with all the blue and purple alliums in that bed *sulk* I'll have to try again, I suppose..

I’ve got patty’s plum, where did you get the seeds from, would you like me to save you some from mine(when it flowers, I spied buds today)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2018, 08:36 »
They were ebay seeds but in one of the major seed supplier packets, can't remember which one, it's been a year  ::) and yes, some seeds would be lovely. Thank you  :)

madcat

« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2018, 11:02 »
This retired life is certainly keeping me occupied lol

:D :D I sometimes (just) have the time to wonder how I ever had the time to work.....

Looks a lovely morning, but that wind is a bit chill.  Chores done, so I am going to move my potting table round the corner out the breeze and get the toms moved on to bigger pots, ready to start hardening off.  That really feels like the start of summer ....
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

snowdrops

« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2018, 16:46 »
They were ebay seeds but in one of the major seed supplier packets, can't remember which one, it's been a year  ::) and yes, some seeds would be lovely. Thank you  :)

Ok I’ll see what they produce & pm you in a couple of weeks

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #141 on: May 26, 2018, 07:53 »
Its a bit damp and overcast here today, but we have had lots of rain over the last couple of days and the ground will have softened nicely  :) 

I feel a planting session coming on.  There are squashes and tomatoes in 2L pots that have been patiently growing on waiting to go out, so it could be instant garden time on the plot  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: May 26, 2018, 12:26 »
Not had as much rain here, I'm still hoping for one of the big storms that they have forecast.  ::)

Stinking hot from first thing, so I've done some pottering in the garden and now going under the sunshade with a long drink and my book.  8)

madcat

« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2018, 15:15 »
I wish!  This morning's plans were a washout - but now the sun is out and I am on my way   ....  :)

Growster...

« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2018, 20:41 »
Serious realisation going on here...

I just can't manage to work the big hedge cutter Mrs Growster gave me for my birthday last year. It's too heavy.

Exhausted from a whole morning at the job, and I still haven't cleared up.

Need to get a chum in to do the hard yards, cut the whole lot down to manageable size then we'll have an easier task in the coming months.

snowdrops

« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2018, 21:27 »
I was expecting the heavy rain of the night to continue today but it started to dry up after I’d started cleaning,then as it clouded over & began spitting with rain I went a walk up to our sons & ended up bringing our granddaughter back with me for an hour so daddy & grandad could carry on with the lounge renovations, she ended up staying all afternoon. Friend came to visit & then our daughter. Finally got to go to the plot after dinner & did a bit of light weeding, water butts are full again

madcat

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2018, 09:48 »
Didnt it rain last night!  The lightening was magnificent ...

Anyway the ground is now lovely for getting little plants in, so off we go, then if it rains again this pm they will settle in lovely.  PS it is not to rain this am - I'm leaving washing out!

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2018, 10:21 »
Dodged the lightning here thankfully!

snowdrops

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2018, 11:57 »
Terrific storm last night for over an hour, right overhead, torrential rain, so plans change again for today now household jobs are done. I think it’s the greenhouse for me, potting on the tomatoes into final pots, then hardening off beans to get planted out when the wind dies down. Think I’ll get as much planted out before we go away, shame I hadn’t hardened beans off.

Growster...

« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2018, 12:29 »
Finished the hedges at last!  :0)

The good thing about hedging on a Sunday, is that lots of chums are passing by with various dogs, children etc, and I can stand there chatting for ages on a glorious day like this!

Even had a long chat with an estate agent who is flogging the house opposite, and was waiting for a punter. Blimey, when I was in that job, we stopped on Saturday lunchtime, and didn't ever do Sundays! Mind you, for £2.75m sale price, the commission might have something to do with it...:0[

xx
This morning I woke up...

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post November 25, 2020, 12:18
by mrs bouquet
xx
Early Morning Club

Started by Ma Lowe on Chatting on the Plot

2706 Replies
Last post July 03, 2019, 20:35
by Paul Plots
xx
Macmillan Coffee Morning

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post September 25, 2019, 17:02
by Pescador
xx
Mobile having a funny turn this morning..

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post February 08, 2023, 12:10
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 52 queries.