What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

Ema

Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #975 on: April 25, 2013, 10:37 »
I had friends staying lthe weekend just gone so for very little done other than sowing some runner beans in pots.

I have this week off - good timing!

So far I have only managed 1 evening down the plot - feel majorly behind managed to get half of my jeruselum artichokes in (they're been sprouting away in a pot of dirt) and a row of charlottes - still so much digging to do! Going to plant the rest of my spuds under cardboard because I'll never get my carrots sown at this rate!!

Had a good walk around to see what other plot holders are up to - the anal bunch (raised beds and netting) have got all their shop brought peas, tomatoes and courgettes in CHEATS!!

My seedlings were all doing really well - I brought the mini greenhouse a new cover and ripped the old one up only to find the new cover does not fit! blooming wilkos have changes the sizes, I am going on a mission today to buy a new mini greenhouse or find the right sized cover grr what a waste of a day!

Eblana

« Reply #976 on: April 25, 2013, 11:55 »
Had a good walk around to see what other plot holders are up to - the anal bunch (raised beds and netting) have got all their shop brought peas, tomatoes and courgettes in CHEATS!!

Ha Ha, we have one like that - straight rows of raised beds, not a weed in sight on his paths, takes a week off work this time every year and goes out and buys a load of plug plants in Been and Queued.  He then plants them in perfect straight lines (you would swear that he uses a ruler), pops up once a week for the summer and does a little weeding and harvesting and that is that!  None of us even knows his name - he is know as plug (because of all the plug plants) by the plot holders.  He couldn't possibly get any enjoyment out of his plot  ;)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #977 on: April 25, 2013, 13:41 »

Ha Ha, we have one like that - straight rows of raised beds, not a weed in sight on his paths, takes a week off work this time every year and goes out and buys a load of plug plants in Been and Queued.  He then plants them in perfect straight lines (you would swear that he uses a ruler), pops up once a week for the summer and does a little weeding and harvesting and that is that!  None of us even knows his name - he is know as plug (because of all the plug plants) by the plot holders.  He couldn't possibly get any enjoyment out of his plot  ;)

Plug!!
 :lol: :lol:
Love that!

I'm in the garden this afternoon sorting out the shady bed which I never got round to earlier in the year.
Also the hellebores are practically over now so no loss if I dig a few up.

blackberryjam

« Reply #978 on: April 25, 2013, 18:06 »
Sown spring onions & Rocket, put another shelf up in the shed and weeded. Peas are almost ready to be planted now I've  not grown these for donkeys years. Going back to the lottie later to water them. It appears I've inherited my Grandads green fingers for growing vegetables.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 18:07 by blackberryjam »

finleyfreyaseth

• Experienced Member
« Reply #979 on: April 25, 2013, 20:38 »
planted into pots 30 various squashes butternut pattypan and spaghetti in the greenhouse ,and a corrugated salmon box with lettuce seeds to grow and cut as needed,never grown squashes before so here goes plus 10 big max pumkin the kids are hoping for bonfire night fingers crossed for squashes  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #980 on: April 25, 2013, 20:42 »
Got to the plot about 10.30 started a bonfire in my burner,did lots of hoeing & digging,stayed til 4pm & went for an early bath. Now ready to plant out the garlic that I planted a couple of weeks ago in modules in the garden.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #981 on: April 25, 2013, 21:55 »
I delivered five trugs of home garden compost to the plot to top up the asparagus bed.  I also emptied one bay of the compost heap at the allotment to top off a lasagne bed ready for planting.

I dug up a couch infested pond which was actually an old plastic storage crate filled with old bricks, water and six inches depth of couch!  I then filled the hole with some soil.
Read about my allotment exploits at Ecodolly at plots 37 & 39.  Questions, queries and comments are appreciated at Comment on Ecodolly's exploits on plots 37 & 39

carlrmj

• Joint Winner - Tallest Sunflower 2012
« Reply #982 on: April 25, 2013, 22:46 »
  Put up some support wires for the raspberries.

Mowed the three lawns .

Put up some wire mesh for the climbing peas

Hoed off the weeds which are coming through..

Beetroot queen

« Reply #983 on: April 26, 2013, 13:44 »
Haven't made t up yet but have been busy sowing in the back garden. All of which eventually will be grown on, on the plot.  :lol:

angelavdavis

• Winner - Prettiest Pumpkin 2012
  • An allotment glutton!
    • The Allotment Glutton
« Reply #984 on: April 26, 2013, 15:47 »
Torrential rain stopped play at the plot today, so I have spent the day potting on and sowing in the conservatory.

marcofez

• Experienced Member
  • Land of the Triffids
« Reply #985 on: April 26, 2013, 18:38 »
Thought I'd lost my wedding ring forever last friday!!! :(
But today, found it on the most expensive piece of grass on my asparagus patch!! Yee Haaa...!!! :D :D

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #986 on: April 26, 2013, 19:18 »
Planted the Oca finally.

Gave everything a good watering - no gurantee the weatherman will be right - he often isn't :lol: - and a handful of growmore applied liberally to everything! :D

richy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #987 on: April 26, 2013, 19:40 »
Planted my chitted sweetcorn.

devon

« Reply #988 on: April 26, 2013, 20:27 »
My class had an  World War Two evacuation day. Suggested we had a Dig for Victory  on MY ALLOTMENT .So five groups of children came and helped my weed and plant veg and flowers  They did a very good job and enjoyed themselves getting grubby and my allotment has less weeding to be done. They were very proud of their handwork as I was  of them

allot2learn

« Reply #989 on: April 26, 2013, 20:59 »
Put in the last five 14' rows of spuds. That makes thirteen in total. Hoe'd the onions and peas. Our plots are surrounded by sycamore trees and the seedlings shoot up everywhere.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 22:04 by allot2learn »

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2014

Started by mumofstig on Grow Your Own

1611 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 21:59
by Aidy

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 39 queries.