Jazzy potato

• 8 Replies

Grubbypaws

Jazzy potato
« on: August 23, 2015, 18:04 »
Has any one else grown this new second early? I am impressed. Large harvests from my containers of good looking, good tasting waxy potatoes.

I will be growing them again  :D
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 18:30 by mumofstig »

LottyLouis

• Experienced Member
Re: Jazzy potato
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 19:03 »
Is it actually called 'Jazzy'? I've never heard of it and have never seen it in my garden centre. Where did you  get yours?  And when you say 'second early'... when did you plant them? Sorry - plonk them?
I also note that you grew them in containers...was that a choice over a space issue - or do they prefer the method? Sorry to grill you but when you get a good review of something - 'twould be nice to be able to replicate the conditions.   ::)
Carpe Diem

Grubbypaws

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 20:39 »
Yep they are called Jazzy; I got mine from T&M. They are meant to be good steamed, boiled, mashed and roasted.

I grew them in containers which is the only space that I have but they are fine for field growing.

I am a bit odd with my planting times as I am abroad March-June. I deep plant them in my containers in late February and so far have had no problems. I think that normal planting time for second earlies might be a safer option though.

I have no choice and maybe have been lucky for the last couple of years. I put 8" of soil in a potato bag pop in the seed potatoes and then fill it to the top finishing off with some weed suppressant strulch.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 10:32 »
Just Giggled them and you can also get them from Simply Seeds. The promo says they are produced by potato farmers several places including Lancashire so I might give them a try next year. They are also very good for container growing.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Grubbypaws

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 11:43 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:

So you have been giggling again!

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:32 »
I giggle a lot, hence the G in GG.! :lol: ;)

caroline800

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 21:36 »
Hi

Yes i grew these on the plot - they were part of a "collection" from t&m.   :tongue2:

Nice clean spuds. Dug them last week so had been in quite long and they had all died down. From 10 spuds got about 7.5 kg bagful. Tasty and vitually no pest danage. Even tho left to die over the largest ones were only a bit bigger than a large egg but  most were decent size for new/boiled potatoes.  :D

Unfortunately there's only me who eats new/boiled so anything smaller than large egg the boys won't use  :wacko: so probably not grow again. The Abbott spuds which were also in the mix i dug first and some of them were bakers size so brill for us.  ::)

crh75

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 14:25 »
Unfortunately there's only me who eats new/boiled so anything smaller than large egg the boys won't use  :wacko: so probably not grow again.

Have you tried roasting new potatoes? Par boil for a few minutes then roast in a hot oven for 15 minutes or so, lovely.

Flowertot

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 18:59 »
Unfortunately there's only me who eats new/boiled so anything smaller than large egg the boys won't use  :wacko: so probably not grow again.

Have you tried roasting new potatoes? Par boil for a few minutes then roast in a hot oven for 15 minutes or so, lovely.
My son, who hates boiled new potatoes, loves them done this way especially if I cut them in half lengthways and roast them in olive oil, garlic and dried herbs  :). Perhaps worth a try?

xx
jazzy potato

Started by Rampant_Weasel on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 15, 2015, 09:37
by m1ckz
xx
Jazzy potatoes

Started by Grubbypaws on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post June 22, 2023, 10:58
by Snow
xx
Potato help please!

Started by Jsy Lou on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post April 23, 2010, 17:16
by Manlea1
xx
potato

Started by m1ckz on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post January 29, 2014, 15:56
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 38 queries.