Timed watering system

• 3 Replies

Yana

Timed watering system
« on: June 04, 2013, 14:03 »
The sudden change in the weather has made me realise that this year I must get a greenhouse watering system set up on a timer. So I'm looking for ideas, recommendations of suppliers, plans, anything that I can draw on to set my own system up.
I have an outside tap very close to both greenhouses (6' x 8' and 6' x 10') that provides water at mains pressure. I have planted one greenhouse up with cucumbers (planted into the greenhouse border soil) and the other will have the tomatoes in (planted into grow-pots sitting on greenhouse border soil). I collect water from the greenhouses into 2 slim line water butts (110L each) but don't know if the pressure is such that this will work on smaller bore water drip feeders as the taps on the water butts are only marginally higher than the level of the plants in the greenhouses (does that make sense?).
I guess I will need two systems (not a problem as I can put a two-way connector on the outside tap) but having looked in various catalogues I am confused as to what the various bits are that are supplied and how many plants I can water.

HELP!!     :ohmy:
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

bravemurphy

Re: Timed watering system
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 15:27 »
It depends on how much you want to spend but I bought some of these http://www.autopot.co.uk/

and now never have to worry about the toms or peppers in the greenhouse at home anymore.

grinling

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 20:42 »
neighbour using water butt drip system, when they return I will ask them from where.

BritBrat

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 20:45 »
Timer needs to be zero head, when I was looking a few years back I could only find 3 or 4 that would work off a waterbut.  But if you are using a mains tap any would do.

I have also been using Autopots for a few years, feed and water in the waterbut does it all. Just need to make sure it is working correctly every now and then.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 20:52 by BritBrat »

xx
Automatic watering system. Anyone built one?

Started by Yana on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post July 19, 2014, 13:42
by Auntiemogs
clip
Solar panel timed drip feeder

Started by Allotmentman on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post August 30, 2019, 23:42
by Mr Dog
wireless
built in water system

Started by compoQ on Design and Construction

7 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 22:27
by Stevie342000
xx
Irrigation system for trees

Started by MarkinFrance on Design and Construction

11 Replies
Last post March 14, 2011, 18:59
by MarkinFrance

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 39 queries.