Elvera

• 6 Replies

too many girls

Elvera
« on: February 06, 2010, 00:18 »
she didn't look too good when i spotted her this evening at bed time, she was hunched and miserable.... sheltering under the trailer, i brought her in and with some tlc she started to look better, tonight i brought her out for some attention and to watch  tv..........i was giving her a cuddle when she threw up, hen style, all over me...........it smelled disgusting and made me wretch, she didn't appear to have sour crop and showed no symptoms, she still looks poorly (so do i inspite of a shower and change of clothes) i presumed as she was a old hen she was just expiring from old age, if it was sour crop will she now get better? if not sour crop is she just very old and not functioning properly? i will take her to the vet in the morning (assuming she makes it until then) just wondered if anyone had any advice.

Roughlee Handled

Re: Elvera
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 07:40 »
How is she this morning TMG?
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

too many girls

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 09:45 »
you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with her now, i think she had a blocked crop, her throwing up all over me must have cleared it >:(  quite a few things have happened on my bed in the past but hen sick is a new one for me ::)
she's back out with the others now :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 09:55 »
you wouldn't know there was anything wrong with her now, i think she had a blocked crop, her throwing up all over me must have cleared it >:(  quite a few things have happened on my bed in the past but hen sick is a new one for me ::)

Rom please don't enlighten us too much about your bedroom goings on  :ohmy:  :lol: :lol:
Staffies are softer than you think.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 09:56 »
yes I know Aunty - off to the norty step until I get my mind out of the gutter  :lol:

too many girls

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 10:02 »

Rom please don't enlighten us too much about your bedroom goings on  :ohmy:  :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

just about everything except that  :D

beulah59

• Experienced Member
    • Hen Keeper
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14 »
So glad she's better!
two daughters, nine hens, two goldfish, three cats ...

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 40 queries.