We have rain

• 40 Replies

arh

Re: We have rain
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 22:25 »
Whoopee, it has just started to rain here, the first rain since June 10th or so, and that was the first in a month, the whole lawn is brown, it was forecast to start this afternoon, but it has taken till now, and it's only a few spots atm. arh.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 22:27 »
After the MetO's rain possible flash flood warning - we got 7.6mm  ::) I'm hoping we get some more overnight, not holding my breath though  :nowink:

arh

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 07:34 »
Well, we had rain last night, it started at 2215. I deliberately left the wheelbarrow out to see how much it collected, and I have approx 3/4" to 1"  in the bottom. So, pleased!, but the barrels are still only half full, more forecast for Friday though. Must make an accurate rain gauge, (keep saying that, but never getting round to it,  :lol:).

Blewit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 08:09 »
It's rained all night here too. Don't know how much we've had but the bird bath's full.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 08:49 »
After the MetO's rain possible flash flood warning - we got 7.6mm  ::) I'm hoping we get some more overnight, not holding my breath though  :nowink:

We had another 22mm overnight, no watering to do today  :D

arh

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 10:16 »
So I guess we had about the same as you Mum, same again next week please,  :D.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 16:36 »
Still on holiday in S Norfolk - yesterday afternoon a thundery deluge arrived whilst we were visiting Banham zoo, and continued until we left (early!)

When we got back to Dickleburgh, which isn't that far away, they'd barely had a drop  ::), although later and all night it persisted down, much to the relief of an old dear a few doors away who claimed it hadn't rained for five weeks, her water butt was empty :ohmy:, and she was on a water meter.   :ohmy:  :ohmy:

According to my local (to Sheffield) online weather station it's been raining all day there (30mm and still counting) so no worries there as long as my friend has remembered the GH watering duties. :unsure:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

arh

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 17:30 »
I know how that "old dear" feels JayG, I am in the same boat, no rain and on a water meter, with 7 water butts empty, and on "solow" tariff to add insult to injury.

victoria park

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 20:14 »
Wettest 24 hours of the year here, with more to come in the next few hours. Excellent.
Now I suppose the slugs and blight will be baying at the door  :D

LILLILEAF

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2017, 05:53 »
It was raining last thing when i let the dogs out 10.30pm,its still raining this morning, i do live in Wales :lol:

arh

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2017, 07:47 »
It's back to sunny weather here, not a drop more has fallen, though the forecast is for some on Friday evening/night. Here's hoping,  :).

xx
rain, rain glorious rain!

Started by slow_worm on Grow Your Own

27 Replies
Last post July 01, 2007, 09:43
by digger1957
xx
RAIN RAIN AND VEGETABLES

Started by duncan on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 23, 2007, 22:36
by Annie
xx
Rain at last!

Started by DHM on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post August 10, 2018, 13:34
by al78
xx
Rain

Started by spudkins on Grow Your Own

100 Replies
Last post June 15, 2011, 20:39
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 37 queries.